Wednesday, March 16, 2011

its your kindness Lord, that leads us to repentance!

I just don't get the whole screaming damnation at people...when I was in my addiction I knew everyday that my life was horrible, that I was going to die and go to Hell if I didn't change.  I desperately wanted to change I just didn't have any idea how to;  first of all get sober, second of all stay that way or how to just be normal must less be "righteous".    I grew up in church and still didn't have the tools or the ability to change.  I know someone screaming at me would not have changed that. As a matter of fact I would have probably screamed back and maybe worse.
What I needed was someone to say, 'come on, let me pray with you, let me walk through this with you"
I think that is one reason Paul say in 1 Corinthians 11:1 Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. All I could imitate was what I knew at the time and all the people around me were acting just like me.  I needed someone to show me the way out of darkness, to love me and encourage me and tell me there is hope.
Here is what Jesus says...“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  in John 13.
This scripture describes God as patient, The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:9


The only people Jesus ever yelled at were those religious folks that thought they had it all figured out


Lets be patient and loving, offering hope and help to those who don't know Christ.

1 comment: