Sunday, December 26, 2010

day after Christmas

all the gifts are opened, the wrapping paper is in the trash...what is left to do.  I am thankful. Thankful that as I sit here writing this I am inside, warm and comfortable.  My wonderful husband is downstairs making stew.  Sashia is doing laundry.  Enal and Dave came over to bring Ray something.  Dave got to spend Christmas with his family and he was sharing stories of his day.

Yesterday my whole family went to my mothers house, my sister and her husband were there.  A neighbor of my moms came over too.  It was a great picture of how amazing God is.  He is definitely the God of restoration.  Our addiction had torn our family apart, they had no reason to be around us, no reason to trust us but thank you Jesus!!! we were all together yesterday and I am thankful.

That afternoon all of the great people in our discipleship program joined us for another celebration.  It is great to be alive, to be loved and to be apart of God's Kingdom.  I am thankful...

I hear the wind whipping outside and my heart breaks for those who have no home, no place to go but I know that GOD has a plan for each of us.  What is left to do...make the most of every opportunity to offer the hope of Christ to each person you come in contact with.  It isn't a coincidence, it is a God thing.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog and loved your message...love your writing style, too.

    ReplyDelete