Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hows your dirt?

I am thankful for bad weather in the morning.  I hate that my homeless friends have to withstand the elements but usually if it is cold or raining more people come in service.  I know some are just there to get out of the weather, some for breakfast but the reality is that it doesn't matter why people come in the door.  Gods Word is spoken here and He says "My Word won't return to me void".  We say all the time if you stay around the barber shop long enough you are gonna get a hair cut, amen?!

It is the first day of the month and the streets are empty and quiet.  As I look out the window today I can hear the praise music playing, cars are driving by and it is hard to imagine the insanity that happens out there.

Today John David taught on "dirt" the parable of the soils.  Something we all need to hear, he reminded us to prepare our heart/dirt so the seed of Gods Word can be planted deep.  Each of us has a harvest coming, what are we doing to prepare for it...We don't plant seeds and just leave them alone or pray for rain. We water those seeds, pull the weeds. Why don't we give our heart the same attention?  In Psalms it says to guard your heart above all else for out of it flow the issues of life.  I need to do some pruning, how about you?

We are all called to the ministry of reconciliation and the "fruit" of that will be our crowns we lay at the feet of Jesus.  Considering all He has done for each of us I have decided not to give Him a 'Burger King' crown.  I want to challenge you to offer the Hope of Christ to the people in your life. If you have never done it before try it today. Don't worry just pray and go for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment